A blueberry crumble and the Swedish archipelago


These past few days have been a bit difficult - I really need some vacation but I don't want to admit that, because, you know, I'm strong, and so working was harder that usual - but I've applied the good old saying of my roommate Giulia, try to do one productive thing per day, and I've learned again that quantity and quality are two vary different things. This Swedish summer is also not particularly happy to be a summer, and even if I totali feel her and I'm totally an autumn myself, I'm a little bit confused by these fall vibes around me - I know that it's incredible for anyone reading from Italy, but now I'm wearing a sweater, inside the house. Yes. 

So, I thought was better to have a look to some memories of a recent holiday, which was not very hot, but it's a classic off the summer in Sweden, so I'm pretty satisfied with it - we spent a week in the Stockholm archipelago, renting a little house on a island, taking ferries and boats, picking blueberries, bathing in the Baltic Sea and going on hikes around small lakes we didn't know. Here you can get an idea of how it was, with the original grey rainy aesthetic quite normal in this country. 

Värmdö and the town of Gustavsberg

Sandhamn

Ösbyrundan and the world's best crumble*

Erstaviksbadet


So, first of all, you have to go to the woods and pick up your own blueberries, otherwise it will not taste any good. Done and enjoyed that, wash the fruit carefully and put it in an oven pot, big enough to contain all your berries in a single layer but with no empty spots. Cut some dark chocolate in little pieces and mix it with the berries. Create the crumbs combining 200g of flour (a delicate one, like rice or OO) with 150g of cold margarine cut in little cubes - you have to work them with your fingertips untill you have crumbs and clumps of dough, add a spoon of muscovado sugar, mix again and then distribute the crumbs all over the fruit, with no empty spaces - prepare other crumbs if necessary, the leftovers freeze very well. Sprinkle some musovado sugar on the crumble, and then cook for 20 minutes at 180° degrees, static oven, adding 5 or 10 minutes with the grill until the dough is lovely brown and the fruit is bubbbling. Served cold is the best.

Commenti

Post più popolari