#dontdothisathome ONE

 


Hi fellas! I decided to start a new tag called don't do this at home, dedicated to the failures that sometimes I produce in my kitchen; dunno, it's fun and it's a piece of writing that I can use to practice.

Anyways, what are you looking at? Carrot leaves soup. Yes. Are you wondering why? Yea, me too. But, just imagine: you are at the supermarket and you see with joy that they have local vegetables - like, super local, from the fields around Uppsala. Suddenly, you spot a beautiful bunch of carrots, with leaves and dirt and stuff and you know you have to have it. You think, how gorgeous I wanna carry them in the church aisle when I'm getting married... and I can use the leaves for a soup, I've read it somewhere!Oh yes, you did it, and you also find the actual recipe for a carrot leaves soup

Well, what can I say, the original recipe it's definitely very good, but we don't know because I've basically done what I wanted, substituting the ingredients with what I had at home - the biggest mistake one can do, girlfriends, never, never, never change the ingredients if you are not confident, that was my mother slowly taking control of my culinary mind. I think that the wrongest action was to use milk instead of cream, because the consistency would have greatly improved, and so my attitude towards it and surely the taste as well. You end up with a greenish creepy water of which you think at least I'm cleaning my bowels. 

So, don't do this at home.

P.S. I would like to point out that I always finish everything anyway, also because I am a victim of pride and I rather die - that's a figure of speech but you got the point. So the soup is here in my office, ready for lunch.

P.P.S. Also, the original recipe IS GOOD. I meant no disrespect to anyone, it's not their fault, it's definitely  mine.

Cheers!

Commenti

Post più popolari